“Character Design“ course is tailored to help you create unique and intriguing characters . Using design theory and fundamental 2D drawing techniques in Photoshop, you will learn how to think creatively and put your original thoughts on paper (Photoshop). Prepare to dive in as this course will take you on a trip through a variety of topics from basic art principles to advanced rendering and painting techniques. With these new skill sets, you’ll be able to advance your creative voice and showcase it through your own characters that feel grounded in storytelling.
What Will I Learn?
- Basic understanding of composition, design theory, and storytelling research
- Character exploration through iteration sketches
- Refining the character’s design and personality with face sketches
- Refining the line art to a legible design
- Laying down the color scheme
- Painting process, building up the values through lights, shadows, and textures
- Final pass, toning and color correcting